How It All Began: In researching the role of a foster, I realized that it’s an opportunity to be actively engaged in the good work BluePath does in enabling families in need to receive a service dog.
Favorite Part of Being a Foster: Although the outcome is unknown at the beginning of the process, I find it very rewarding to assist in preparing a dog for placement in the hope that this dog can eventually help a family in need.
Advice for Prospective Fosters: If you love dogs and want them in your life without the commitment that comes with “owning” a dog, this is a great opportunity. You are able to participate in BluePath’s mission and help an extremely valuable program. Even if you already have other dogs at home, you can help your community tremendously by being a part of this amazing organization.
- Favorite Movie: Cold Mountain
- Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
- Favorite Quote: “Live simply so others can simply live” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Favorite Activity: Going on walks at any time of day and in any weather, with wide eyes, a bobbing head, and a tireless trot 🙂
- Prime Petting Location: Her belly
- Three Words to Describe Her: Small yet mighty (cute and little in size, but will let you know what she wants and when she wants it!)